NOAA

NOAA

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Big changes

Well I've been onboard the R/V Lake guardian for about two weeks.
Such a big change from the freighters, much more movement, she's only 180' long. So we feel the seas more. But we also take refuge more because if the seas are to big the scientists can't do there work. Smaller crew but also scientist come and go so complement changes more.
Some things are the same, must have a menu plan. At least for me, going into the freezer each day and winging it, doesn't work. I want a plan to follow.
Now when I've been here for a month I can start a standard menu with changes without a problem. That will be nice to.
Food suplies is something different to, I have gone to local stores twice so get suplies. Because the was not a gfs nearby. That's ok, just not what I'm used to. Now when we reach our home port I will get food deliveries.
It's a learning curve, but isent this job always a learning experience? At least for me it is.

Till next time
May your sugar never clump and your pasta never stick

No comments:

Post a Comment