NOAA

NOAA

Saturday, January 3, 2015

Another New Year

Happy New Year to everyone
I hope you all had a Great Christmas and a safe New years eve.

I was home for over a month and it was great being with my family over thanksgiving and Christmas.

If I remember right I haven't been home for those holidays in 2 years. That's another aspect that makes this job difficult at times. When your ship isent sailing but your not home it is a trying time on you. 99% of that time most of the crew is gone, so work isent hard but missing family is. Guaranteed to run up the phone minutes.

I came back to the Bigelow on December 29th. I was suppose to stay here till the end of February, but things changed again, as they seem to have a habit of doing. Im going back to the Okeanos Explorer to be the Chief Steward again. I guessing ill stay there until the end of February.
That's the way the augmentation pool works. If they need you and the ship your on can spare you, off you go.

The galley isent serving dinner right now so its short days. We do breakfast and lunch, then we are off. kills the overtime but that's ok. the crew that is onboard, which isent many, I think 8 go home at night or if they stay onboard grab a dinner somewhere else. We get paid a per diem for each meal we buy with our own money. Sometimes its cheaper for NOAA to do this than pay the overtime for us to cook.

Well that's it for now I hope you all have a blessed and prosperous New Year
Till next time
May your chocolate never seize and your sugar never clump

No comments:

Post a Comment