As I have been talking to the other chef on board, one topic comes up often. That is getting stuck in a rut if serving the same food again and again. Even the salads. If you start that it will soon become evident by the lack of enjoyment of the crew during meal times. I have noticed this since coming on board. When I first arrived the crew ate but dident really spend any extra time in the mess hall, after I started they spent a little more but not much, ( probably because I was still trying to adjust. ) now over the last month since the other chef arrived I have seen them laugh and joke and enjoy their meal times much more. You have to remember that a a well fed crew is a happy crew! A crew that just eats because they have to, don't socialize much because the galley just serves bland or dull food, is not a happy crew! And that will affect the work and every other aspect of life on board.
So keep them well fed and happy.
Till next time,
May your cookies never burn and your cake always rise.
No comments:
Post a Comment